Apr 26, 2012

Manchester Press

One thing I love about Melbourne is that there are cafe's scattered all over the city. You can grab a decent coffee pretty much anywhere and if you have the time, get a good breakfast out of it. There are definitely not-so-great cafes, but then, there are those which you end up loving and will always return to.

Manchester Press is one of those places for me.


I have lost count at how many times I have been to this place already.

The coffee is great. Food is yummy. Service is awesome.

Well-known for their bagels, Manchester Press is located along a dodgy-looking alleyway called Rankins Lane. The first time I went to this place, I was really skeptical. My friend was leading the way and when she turned into Rankins, all I could think was "Where the hell are you bringing me?!".


BUT, I wasn't the only one. A few weeks later I brought my sister and a few friends and they thought I was going to sell them off or something because there was this white van in the alley (but that's another different story).

Seriously, who would've thought a cafe existed here?
Decked out in wooden tables and chairs, and a massive bowling pin at the corner of the cafe, there was this very rustic, warm, homey feeling to the place. One of the things I love about Melbourne cafes. The deco is really simple and yet it still looks amazing and cozy.




Manchester Press is famous for their coffee with faces on it. I don't know how they do it, but their coffee art is really really good!





For those who aren't really coffee lovers, I recommend either the hot chocolate or mocha (yes I know there is coffee in it but you taste more chocolate than coffee).

The menu has changed slightly since the first time I went there but thankfully they still have my favorite, bagel with chorizo, tomato, tomato relish, capsicum and cheese. I know it sounds like there are a lot of tomatos, but it really is good!


Bagel with chorizo, capsicum, tomato, tomato relish and cheese
Bagel with soft-boiled egg and smoked salmon
Bagel with baked eggs and salmon
Plain baked eggs
with salad. Love the dressing.
Bagels with smoked salmon, cheese and capers
Bagel with bacon, lettuce and tomato
Among the few dishes I have tried, and no I have not been there THAT many times and ate all of it, I share my food (:

One problem with most cafe's here is that they do not open on Sundays or weekends for that matter. And some public holidays. But the good thing about Manchester Press is that it DOES open on weekends and most holidays. So don't worry if you can't visit this place on a weekday. There's always the weekend. But get there early!

Convinced yet? No? More for me then! (;

Manchester Press
8 Rankins Lane, Melbourne
(03) 9600 4054

Manchester Press on Urbanspoon










1 comment:

  1. Hi ,

    Your first post just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/71/1584177/restaurant/CBD/Manchester-Press-Melbourne

    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

    - Go to your blog page on our site: http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/71/7972/Melbourne/chilipadis-kitchen.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

    If you have any questions, please contact me via email.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    ReplyDelete