But don't fret. Because there really is a simple solution to your problem.
Chocolate brownie with pear.
Mix it up: You don't HAVE to use pear. You can replace pear slices with nuts.
|Looks good doesn't it? (;|
And another great thing about this recipe? It is gluten free! Yeaps. So for those of you who are allergic to gluten, you are in luck!
So, here is what you need to do:
It all goes into 1 saucepan!
- a bit of preparation: peel and slice the pears. or if you're feeling lazy, go buy a can of already peeled and cored pears and you can just slice them up into thin pieces.
- preheat oven to 180˚C
- melt 250 g unsalted butter, remove from heat
- add 250 g bittersweet chocolate and melt (still off the heat) ((i used 50%. you could use 70%))
- if your chocolate isn't melting, just pop it back onto the stove for awhile to get things going
- add 200 g sugar and 5 eggs, stir (honestly, i used only about 120 g of sugar cause i really don't like it to be too sweet)
- add 250 g almond meal, stir and give it a few folds every now and then
- pour batter into cake tin (or you could divide it into slightly more than 12 cupcake holes)
- place slices of pears inside the mixture or on top of the batter. i did both. it helps cut through the richness of the chocolate
- bake for about 40 minutes if you are making it as a whole cake (20-25 minutes if you're making it in the form of cupcakes)
- take it out and let it cool
Voila. You are done. Now. Go and enjoy! (: