Jul 14, 2012

Day 1 in Sydney

I just came back from the best trip. After being in Melbourne for 4 years, I finally decided to venture to a different part of Australia. Sydney. And I must say, I am in love with that place. To the point where my sister and I are considering of moving there.

I felt it was so much similar to Singapore, just with better weather.

I was afraid that I almost could not go to Sydney. I bought these Tiger Airways tickets about 3 weeks in advanced for a really good price. But I guess with cheap tickets, you should expect there to be a bit of a problem. Say, your flight being cancelled.

That's right. I got to Terminal 4 of the Melbourne Airport and it was blinking brightly on the screen. CANCELLED. That one word you never ever want to see or hear in an airport.

Thankfully, my sister and I headed to the airport early. So I was placed on an earlier flight. After that, everything else was pretty much smooth sailing.

We were staying at the Sydney Hilton Hotel. Best hotel experience ever for me. And also, the location was perfect! The new Sydney Westfield was just behind the hotel. The best coffee place was less than 5 minutes on the left of Hilton, and if you walked further down, there was a Woolies supermarket. (Yes. There has to be a supermarket wherever I go or something is just incomplete.)

By the time we checked into the hotel, it was dinner time. So we decided to go to this really well-known Thai restaurant, Chat Thai. (Seeing the website menu is making me oh-so-hungry again)



I have heard a lot of great things about this restaurant. So much so that I was worried the food wasn't going to be good. Really thought it was overrated. But I was dead wrong.

We got to Chat Thai and waited for a few minutes for a table. I like how wherever I went to eat, I did not have to wait for hours like what we usually do in Melbourne. One reason why I fell in love with Sydney.



My sister and I shared the Duck Red Curry and her friend ordered the Chicken Green Curry. The portions were pretty big so it was a good idea to share.

Duck Red Curry
Chicken Green Curry
I was in curry heaven. (:

The duck was perfectly cooked. The sauce red curry sauce was yummy. And honestly, if I had more rice, I would have finished the sauce. I am drooling now. Eep.

After that, as always, we ordered dessert. And I had their famous Mango and Sticky Rice. Yum. Enough said.


The rice wasn't overcooked to the point of it being mushy. It was salty enough to balance the sweetness of the mango. And drizzled with coconut. OMG. I am craving this so badly now and I just had it 2 days ago. ): 

Kinda wish I was in Sydney longer. I had more places to visit but did not have the time.

But definitely a good start to the first night. I have more yummy treats to tell you about. Very soon. (;


Chat Thai

Westflied Sydney
Lvl 6/Shop 6002
Pitt Street
Sydney NSW
(02) 9221 0600
Chat Thai Westfield Sydney on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment