Aug 17, 2012

Banana and Chocolate Muffin

Banana and chocolate. Now this is my idea of a perfect dessert combo. 


I grew up eating banana bread since it was the easiest thing to make. I am the sort of person who leaves the bananas sitting on the kitchen bench for a while to the point where the skin becomes black but the inside is still edible. More mushy. But very sweet. In short, perfect for baking a very yummy banana bread. Or in this case, banana and chocolate muffin.

I usually add in walnuts when I bake banana bread or even have it plain. But this time round, I added shards of chocolate instead and topped it off with almond flakes.


Rather than using my old usual banana bread recipe, I decided to search for a simpler recipe. Something quick. Something with minimal fuss. After a bit of research, I decided on this recipe.

Banana and Chocolate Muffin
adapted from Crumbs and Cookies

1 1/2 cups of mashed, ripe bananas (about 3-4)
1/2 cup brown sugar
125 g unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup milk
1 egg
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
roughly chopped chocolate (I used about 125 g)
  1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Line 12 muffin tins with muffin liners.
  2. Melt the butter in the microwave at 30 second bursts. 
  3. Combine the butter, sugar, milk, egg and mashed bananas. Whisk lightly just to mix everything together.
  4. Whisk in flour and salt until the dry ingredients are just incorporated into the wet ingredients.
  5. Fold in the chocolate.
  6. Divide the batter into the liners.
  7. Bake the muffins for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.



No comments:

Post a Comment