Apr 5, 2013

Top Paddock

I was just reminded today that I have not updated my blog in the longest time. Many apologies. I have been extremely busy with my assignments until now. And since I am not in the mood to start on those yet, I thought I would update my poor desserted blog. 

Just today, my friends and I went to Top Paddock for breakfast. Yes. Breakfast. Not brunch.
But it was a good breakfast. Food was good. Coffee was not too bad (give me Manchester Press or Industrial Beans - another post - any day). Service was a bit slow, but the waiters and waitresses were really friendly.

Top Paddock is this really huge cafe along Church Street so you can't miss it. Thankfully we went on a weekday and not a weekend because I have read several blogs that it gets packed really quickly over the weekend. 
It is really spacious inside with simple decorations. The stools were made from recycled road-signs which gave this place a more rustic feel to it. And because the walls were actually full windows, you still get to enjoy the sun while sitting inside.
We were being a little "adventurous" today (aka. greedy) and decided to have a main each and shared a dessert. By the end of it, we were really really reallllllly stuffed. Honestly, the portions looked smaller than most cafes, but we were dead wrong.
I am not going to post up the menu because you can just click here and you'll have a clearer view of it.

V ordered the poached eggs with ham hock (really really yummy ham hock).
R ordered the cured salmon with poached eggs. Yet another tasty dish.
And I had the kingfish. 
However, I thought that it was a bit too salty for my taste.
What I liked about all the dishes was that it was so colourful!
What can I say? I am a sucker for these kind of things.
Lastly, for our dessert, we shared the ricotta hotcakes.
If you are considering of ordering a dessert to share, order it at the end. By the time we got to our hotcakes, it wasn't hot anymore and we were pretty stuffed too. But overall, it was good. The hotcakes were light and fluffy on the inside and not too sweet.

Regardless of how great the food is at any place, there is always a downside. That is, getting to this place. It is not easily accessible by public transport. Thankfully, my friend had rented a car this week so she said she'll drive there. BUT, please not that if you do decide to drive there, do not go over the parking limit even by a minute! We learnt that the hard way.

Will I go back? Probably. There's a few more interesting dishes on the menu that I would like to try. But that's for another day.

I can't even think about eating right now.
658 Church Street
Richmond 
VIC 3121
(03) 9429 4332

Top Paddock on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment